How can Northern Vocational Services, Inc. help your business?
Many employers consider it a challenge finding people who meet their
This is where Northern Vocational Services can help. We bring the competencies of our clients in line with the objectives of employers, to the benefit of all involved. In addition, there is no fee for employers to utilize our services.
We go well beyond basic placement services. At NVS we also support employers by providing:
- Job Matching Assistance
- Training Services
- Staff Mediation
- Training Wage Subsidy Arrangements
Did you know that...
1.85 million people in Ontario have a disability? Here are some really important facts about the reality of persons with disabilities in the workplace:
- A Harris study found that 39% of workers who have a disability are more reliable than other workers. As well, 46% of employers feel that employees who have a disability work harder than other employees (Dale, 2002).
- 97% of workers who have a disability rate “average” to “above average” in terms of workplace safety.
- Workers who have a disability are 5 times more likely to stay on the job than other workers.
- A Dupont study found that 90% of workers who have a disability scored average or above average in performance ratings. As well, 86% of employees who have a disability maintain “average” to “above average” attendance records (Dale, 2002).
- These figures are significant! They show that while employers provide opportunities and perspectives for the future, employees with disabilities are a key asset in an organization. They contribute to the bottom line just like other employees.